June 24, 2012 is a very happy day for us, we have two NEW YORK TIMES HARDCOVER BESTSELLERS on this Sunday’s list.
John Scalzi’s REDSHIRTS leads off at #15, congratulations John, this is a wonderful achievement. MaryJanice Davidson’s UNDEAD AND UNSTABLE, the 11th volume in her magical Queen Betsy series appears at #29 and she can add at that to her long string of Times bestsellers. Fans will be happy to know she recently contracted for books 12 and 13 in the series, so every June, you have something to look forward to.
In other news:
- We are very excited about the debut book in Gail Martin’s new Ascendent Kingdoms series coming from Orbit in February, ICE FORGED.
- Karen Miller will be delivering the first book in her new series TARNISHED CROWN to Orbit this summer.
- We’ve sold the entire Ian Douglas backlist to HarpercollinsUK so that Harper will be publishing him worldwide in English.
- Premier Digital Publishing has released the first batch of ANDRE NORTON ebooks this summer, and there are more on the way!
- Ace will be releasing the 2nd book in Sharon Shinn’s THE SHIFTING CIRCLE series in October, look for STILL LIFE WITH SHAPESHIFTER. Anyone who is a fan of True Blood must read these books.
- We’ve sold 3 more books in G.A. Aiken’s DRAGON series to Kensington.
- Bertrice Small launches a new series this Fall, THE SILK MERCHANT’S DAUGHTERS. Look for BIANCA this fall. Set in Renaissance Italy long time fans will find everything they love set in a vivid, exotic world.
- James M. Tabor will be delivering the next book in his thriller series featuring Hallie Leland and Will Bowman, THE DARK ZONE to Random House this summer. The first book, THE DEEP ZONE has been sold in 5 foreign countries and has received spectacular reviews.
- The non-fiction title we’re most excited about is NEW DIMENSIONS IN NONSENSE by Dr. Alexander Unzicker and Sheila Jones, sold to Palgrave/Macmillan. Has modern physics lost its way? This book is sure to generate controversy.
- Patty Blount’s YA novel SEND (Sourcebooks, September 2012) has been selected as the Fall 2012 Paperback Pick by the Junior Library Guild.
- Caldecott winner Eric Rohmann returns this Fall, illustrating OH NO, written by Candace Fleming and published by Schwartz and Wade/Random House. Beautifully illustrated with a fun, captivating storyline this is a picture book that will find its ways into many homes and libraries.